Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 4 Download

Sunday:
Meatloaf from grass fed beef, homemade ketchup. Roasted potatoes, carrots and grilled eggplant from garden.

Monday:
Chili with grass fed beef and roasted hatch green chilies. 

Tuesday:
Thai stir fry with pheasant (that Jeanette caught), eggplant from garden, cauliflower and brussels sprouts from farmers' market. Coconut milk from mom when she moved. With rice.
Berry smoothie with raspberries, blueberries and blackberries and homemade lemon lime soda.

Wednesday:
Beef fajitas with grass fed beef, peppers from the farmers' markets and onions from the garden
Mexican rice with tomato sauce and onions from garden
Refried beans (can we got from my mom when she moved)
Homemade flour tortillas

Thursday:
Chicken with alfredo sauce and pasta

Friday:
Jalapeno Poppers with Squash puree. Yum!
Pumpkin pie.

Saturday:
Another party where we just basically picked at whatever was there - mainly shrimp.

Reflections:
This post marks the end of our first month. I'm starting to miss restaurants. Not sushi as much as I was expecting, but I am really missing Thai, Chinese and Mexican food. I'm also missing just going and eating something when I'm craving something and when we're out just going and grabbing a bite to eat. But it just will have to wait. I'm thinking those things will taste so much better after a year though.

1 comment: