Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 36

Sunday
Tom made some chicken soup because I wasn't feeling so great.

Monday
Rabbit sausages with asiago cheese, garlic and porcini mushrooms (upcoming recipe) on a homemade bun and a salad.

Tuesday
Fritatta with onions and kale with a salad.

Wednesday
 Vegetable Stir Fry with asparagus, mushrooms, onions.

Thursday
Stuffed winter squash from last year's garden. Stuffed with rice, squash, peas (from our garden), onions and mushrooms from the farmers' market.

Friday
Spaghetti with rabbit sausage sauce.


Saturday
Pork ribs with garlic mashed potatoes and kale from our garden.

Reflections:
June is a third over and my sense of panic is setting in for our 3 months with buying no food. I think we're set in the staples other than rice. Plenty of oil, flour, sugar (brown and white), yeast, and salt. Unfortunately I forgot to order a bag of rice so I'm trying to find a source for local rice. You wouldn't think it was that hard considering they grow tons of it in the next county over. That said, it's the vegetables I'm getting worried about. The garden is languishing in our bizarre cold and wet weather. One caveat though is that some of the garlic was done so I was able to harvest it.

1 comment:

  1. We grow rice here in Colusa County and if I run out of my own *stockpile* it can be hard for me to find any! I usually have to call my son and daughter-in-law (they grow organic rice) and see if they have any!

    ReplyDelete